Reactivate the canceled ration card – AePDS or EPOS ration card in India will be canceled by the government. Sometimes, the government cancels an individual’s ration card because of incorrect information on the ration card, or because they are ineligible for the ration card. In that case, if one wants to activate the ration card again, they have to follow certain procedures. Learn how to process a ration card canceled by government officials. See a Nation A Ration Card Scheme here.
How to reactivate a canceled ration card?
My ration card has been canceled by the government and I would like to reactivate my ration card.
- First, you need to visit the official website of AePDS in your state. Here is one List or AePDS Ration Card Portals in India.
- After that, you should look for the option to edit the ration card.
- Go to the ration card editing page and fill out the form to find your ration number.
- If there is a mistake in the ration card information and your card is canceled by the government, correct it.
- After adjustment, go to the local BDS office and submit a review application.
- If your ration card activation application is accepted, you can reactivate the canceled ration card.
Submit Ration Card Cancellation Form 5 and apply for a new ration card
If you are unable to re-activate the ration card through the above procedure, you can apply manually for cancellation of the ration card. To do so, you need to go to the Emitra Portal and fill up the Ration Card Cancellation Form-5 as well. Upon completion, submit the form and return your old ration card to the BDS.
Then, you can apply for a new ration card instead of reactivating the canceled ration card.
New Ration Card Renewal – Required Documents
If your old ration card is canceled by the government, you can renew it and get a new ration card. For that, you need to apply for a ration card renewal. These are the documents you need to submit along with the ration card renewal form.
- Proof of address
- Water or electricity or telephone bill
- Receipt rent if you live in rent.
- Card Reasons Surrender Certificate
- The old ration card is attached.
- Residence certificate with family information.
These documents should be submitted along with the completed application, mobile number and attached copies of the Aadhaar card. After that, your canceled ration card can be activated.