TNPDS stands for Public Distribution System of Tamil Nadu and is the official authority for distribution of ration cards in the State of Tamil Nadu. NFSA with TNPDS offers smart card for ration in the state. You can visit the official DNPDS portal to get online ration card services like ration card application, status verification, DNPDS login, Patta Cita or Eligibility List and products related services. Learn how to use DNPDS portal for ration card services in Tamil Nadu.
Online portal for TNPDS www.tnpds.gov.in. You can visit the website for any services related to Tamil Nadu Smart Card. This is the official website of the Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Division of the Government of Tamil Nadu. The online services available on the TNPDS online portal are as follows –
- Smart card application services
- Reissue the smart card
- Add a member
- Change of address
- Change of family head
- Remove family member
- Card related service request status
On the TNPDS website, there are two types of login options.
- If you are a citizen of Tamil Nadu and want to avail TN smart card related service, you can use Citizen Login option.
- If you are a TNPDS Officer, you can sign in using the Department Login link.
For citizen login, you are redirected to Tamil Nadu BDS Portal. To qualify for sign-in, you must meet one of the following registration criteria –
- You are a registered shopper with a POS tool
- You have registered through the TNPDS public mobile application
- You have registered through the TNPDS Public Portal Application
If you qualify, you can go to the login page and enter your mobile number for verification. Enter the captcha code and create an OTP to sign in. Log in to the TNPDS portal using OTP in the next form.
TNPDS Ration Card Status Check
How to check TNPDS ration card status online?
In Tamil Nadu, the ration card is called a smart card. So, to check your status, you need to check your smart card status. Here’s how you can do it –
- Go to https://www.tnpds.gov.in/
- Move to the right.
- Click on Smart Card Application Status
- On the next page, enter your application reference number
- Click Submit
- Your TNPDS ration card status will be displayed there.
Apply for TNPDS Smart Card Online
If you want to apply for ration card in Tamil Nadu, you need to fill up the TNPDS smart card application form online. To apply online, follow these steps –
- Go to the TNPDS website
- In the right pane, click the Smart Card Application option.
- Go to the next page and open the application form
- Choose between the new smart card application and the old card admission.
- Fill out the form and submit the documents.
- Complete the online TNPDS smart card application process.
How to fill up TNPDS New Smart Card Application Form?
To fill up the application form for a new smart card, you need to fill in the following information in the registration form –
- Name of the head of the family
- Of the father / husband
- Postal code
- Mobile number
- Details of family members
- Family Head Details
- Card type
- Items are not card
- Rice card
- Sugar card
- Proof of Residence (Upload)
- Gas connection details
Submit details and then upload a copy of your proof of residency. After that, your TNPDS smart card application will be submitted. Your registration process will be evaluated and then a reprint of your smart card will be delivered to your home.
TNPDS address change
How to change address in TNPDS?
To change the address on the TNPDS Smart Ration Card, use the following steps –
- Go to the TNPDS portal
- Visit the login page
- Open your smart card dashboard
- Update new address in TNPDS
- Submit proof of address
- Upload proof of residency
- Submit the form for TNPDS address correction.
How do I verify my DNPDS address change request status?
You can check your service request status for change of address in TNPDS. To do so, follow these steps –
- Go to Tnpds.gov.in
- Click on the card related service request status
- Enter your reference number for the edit request
- Please submit and verify your change of address request
How long does it take for a change of address to occur in TNPDS?
DNPDS change of address request may take 7-15 days.
TNPDS mobile number change
How to change TNPDS mobile number online?
- Go to the TNPDS portal
- Log in to the Citizen Login page
- Open your smart card details page
- Add new mobile number
- Verify using OTP
- Submit the form for approval
- Your registered TNPDS mobile number will be transferred.
Add or remove TNPDS family member
Once you log in to the TNPDS Citizen login page, you may receive the following family member related services –
- You can add a new family member to the smart card
- You can change TNPDS membership details
- You can remove a family member from TNPDS
- In TNPDS you can change the head of the family
Download the TNPDS App
There are two types of TNPDS application for download. If you have an iPhone, you can use the iOS processor for the TNPDS mobile app. If you are an Android user, use the TNPDS Android Processor.
Download TNPDS Android Processor
- Go to the Play Store
- Search TNPDS
- Click Install
- Download and open the processor
- Register using mobile number and OTP
Download TNPDS iOS Processor
- Go to the iTunes Store
- Search the TNPDS app
- Download and install on your iTunes account
- Register to open and use
Click below to download the app –
Official TNPDS Helpline –
O / o Commissioner, Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection
- Commissioner’s Room – 28592255
- Associate Commissioner’s Room – 28583139
Check more –